5 - 13 April 2014
The 8 day Training Course will exploit the rich potential of creativity, entrepreneurship and innovative techniques for highlighting communal solidarity, self-confidence and self-reflection in the work with young people at risk or in situation of social exclusion and marginalization in geographical and rural isolated areas.
The Training Course will also promote the sharing of best practices in the field of youth work. Non-formal educational methods will be employed for training youth workers on how to work with target groups from different cultures and ethnic backgrounds.
GROWING STEPS aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To promote young people‘s commitment to fostering social inclusion and solidarity by reducing the risk of marginalization and social exclusion in isolated rural areas;
- To empower citizens to play a full part in their communities’ life;
- To foster citizens’ participation through volunteering;
- To foster citizens’ sense of ownership of the EU;
- To promote intercultural dialogue;
- To contribute to an inclusive society
The project envisages one main activity: the Training Course in Palermo, Italy.
The Training Course seminar is conceived as a platform for discussion and exchange of good practice, based on theoretical and practical inputs on rural development and youth employment in rural areas also by using non-formal educational methods.
The Training course will involve 40 participants from 18 European and Neighbouring Countries (Italy, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovenia, Turkey, Hungary).
• CESIE – European Centre of Studies and Initiatives
• Association of Local Democracy Agencies, France
• World Independent Youth Union, Armenia
• Modern Youth Public Union, Azerbaijdan
• Office for Initiatives Promotion, Belarus
• Belarusian Youth Public Union “New Faces”, Belarus
• Centre for European Initiatives Association, Bulgaria
• BALKAN CENTER FOR REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT, Bulgaria
• International Educational Centre GEMS, Czech Republic
• Continuous Action, Estonia
• Europe Our House, Georgia
• MEDITERRANEAN SOS Network, Greece
• Rokiškio jaunimo organizacijų sąjunga “Apvalus stalas”, Lithuania
• Centre for Regional Development STABILITY, Moldova
• Fundacja Wspierania Rozwoju Innowacji i Kreatywności "InnCrea", Poland
• Tineret Buzau 2007, Romania
• Saint Petersburg State University of economics, Russian Federation
• Zavod NEFIKS - Inštitut za promocijo in beleženje neformalno, Slovenia
• Kasif Youth and Sport Club Association, Turkey
• Mykolaiv city youth non- profit organization “Iskra”, Ukraine
• Bila Tserkva National Agrarian University, Ukraine
• All-Ukrainian Association for Youth Cooperation “Alternative-V, Ukraine
For more information, please contact:
Project Manager – Strasbourg office
Tel: +33 (0)3 90 21 45 93
No data available.