||ENROLL IN ALDA SUMMER SCHOOL ON
“EUROPE, PARTICIPATION, REMEMBRANCE”
Monday 1st – Saturday 6th September 2014, Asiago (Vicenza), Italy
ALDA – the European Association for Local Democracy, launches its Summer School on “Europe, Participation, Remembrance”, which will take place in Asiago (VI), Italy, from Monday 1st to Saturday 6th September 2014.
The Summer School aims to deepen the knowledge about Europe and its milestones in 2014, in particular:
- The new European era after the elections in May 2014 – Challenges and the way forward
- The new programming period 2014-2020 – Focus on Europe for Citizens and novelties
- The celebration of the 100th anniversary of the First World War and active European remembrance.
Who can participate:
The Summer School of ALDA is addressed to a wide range of stakeholders: people working for NGOs, representatives of local authorities, students, and all those who are interested in active European remembrance and citizenship.
The program is made up of 4 full days of activity (1st and 6th September will be travelling days):
- 1st September, Monday – Arrival of participants in Asiago, Vicenza.
- 2nd September, Tuesday – The European Project, its historical and present conditions, expectations and challenges for its future
- 3rd September, Wednesday – Elements of Project Cycle Management (PCM); Master Class on the programme Europe for Citizens 2014-20, followed by 6-months Help Desk (if required).
- 4th September, Thursday – Guided visits in Asiago: meetings and inspirational activities to learn, remember, and commemorate the First World War.
- 5th September, Friday – Transfer to Rovereto (Trento); Visit to “Fondazione Opera Campana dei Caduti” and workshop with experts. Cultural evening with music and poetry on the First World War. Overnight in Rovereto.
- 6th September, Saturday – Departure of participants from Rovereto, Trento.
The detailed programme will be provided to all interested people.
Activities will be held in English.
Asiago is a touristic location in the mountain area near Vicenza. The territory was strongly affected by WWI, with many opportunities for visits and inspiration.
Rovereto is a town near Trento, where the “Fondazione Opera Campana dei Caduti” is seated. This foundation is well known for its Peace Bell, a bell made up of the melted metals of cannons of the WWI.
Both locations offer a wide range of cultural, naturalistic, sport, and entertainment activities. We will be glad to provide you with more detailed information.
4 nights in a four-star hotel in Asiago (Vicenza), Monday to Thursday, at the Sporting Residence Hotel Asiago
1 night in a four-star hotel in Rovereto (Trento), Friday, at the Hotel Leon D’Oro
The Summer School will take place from Monday 1st to Saturday 6th September 2014.
Prices vary according to the different needs for accommodation:
- Single room = € 1.250,00
- Double room = € 1.200,00
- Multiple room (mini-apartment for 3/4 persons) = € 1.150,00
The prices include:
For ALDA members, a 10% discount will be applied.
- 5 nights accommodation in four-star hotels
- full board (from the evening of Monday, 1st to breakfast of Saturday, 6th September)
- free use of hotel services such us swimming pool, sauna, Wi-Fi, Sky Pay-TV
- training activities and materials
- infield visits, entry tickets for museums, etc.
- transfers from Asiago to Rovereto
Travels to Asiago and from Rovereto are not included.
If you require the service of 6 months of help desk on the master class Europe for Citizens there will be an additional cost of € 250,00.
For participants who are not ALDA members, ALDA will provide the services offered to its members for 6-months following the school, for you to get familiar with our network and activities.
Deadline for registration:
1 August 2014.
For further information, please contact:
Marco Boaria, Resource and Development Unit Coordinator of ALDA Office in Vicenza (Italy).
Tel: +39 0444 54 01 46
Anna Ditta, Project Officer in Vicenza (Italy)
Tel: +39 0444 54 01 46