Mr. Elbert KrasniqiDelegate of the Local Democracy Agency Kosovo
- How and why did you get in contact with ALDA's work?
My first contact with ALDA was on the early 2011, when I have been appointed from the organisation "Trentino con il Kossovo" to support the process of the establishment of the Local Democracy Agency of Kosovo. In October 2011, I have been elected as the LDA Kosovo Delegate.
- What has motivated you to be a candidate for the Governing Board?
I am representing the position of LDA Kosovo Delegate, and according to ALDA's regulations, one delegate from the LDAs is represented in the Governing Board annually.
- Why fighting for local democracy and citizen participation – how does that contribute to a better world?
I live in a new democratic country that every day faces a democratic challenge, while working towards the right decisions that contribute directly to the local democracy and to the fostering of a more relevant active civil participation, in order to increase the awareness of the society on the value of an integral participation for the decision making processes.
- What is the biggest achievement of ALDA so far?
The establishment of Local Democracy Agencies in different countries, which are real democratic promoters. ALDA's network of CSO's, local authorities and associations, which keeps developing, and it is very valuable.
- And what is your dream for ALDA – how will it look like at the end of your mandate?
I will be representing the Delegates in the Governing Boards of ALDA until 2018, my focus will be to have a good and direct coordination among the LDA delegates and the Governing Board of ALDA. 2017 will be the year where LDA Kosovo will host the third Regional Youth Forum in Peja, therefore all the efforts will be directed on having a fruitful event of ALDA and LDAs in Kosovo. This will contribute to a better visibility of the association and create new possibilities for Kosovo LA and CSOs for sustainable partnerships in the future.
- What will your motto be, during the next four years in ALDA’s Governing Board?
Inclusive and active citizens for a good prospective society.