INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR ON FEDERALISM IN EUROPE AND IN THE WORLD, VENTOTENE (IT), 2ND-7TH SEPTEMBER 2012
In view of the participation of ALDA at the 29th International Seminar on “Federalism in Europe and in the world”, taking place in Ventotene (Italy) from the 2nd to the 7th September 2012, jointly with MFE, the European Federalist Movement, ALDA has launched a call for a grant supporting the participation of three Croatian participants to attend this event.
The call is meant to be a great opportunity for Croatian participants (soon EU citizens too) to know more about Europe, share opinions and debate about European future perspectives.
The European Federalist Movement yearly purposes an International seminar in Ventotene Island with a tight program concerning federalism in Europe and in the world.
Ventotene, an island off the Italian coast, was the place where Altiero Spinelli, author of the Federalist Ventotene Manifesto, was imprisoned during the Second World War. Each year, young Federalists gather here to discuss with leading experts from the European and World Federalist Movement federalist ideas European and global issues. The seminar is a unique and intensive experience on European and Federalist studies.
Topics & Structure of the 2012 seminar:
- What future for the nation states and the federal state in Europe?
- Peace today in a globalized world
- A European initiative on energy, environmental protection and scientific research
- Strategies and actions at local and global levels of federalist organisations
- The federalist proposal for a new economic and monetary world order
- For a European sustainable development plan