WOM-COM (Women’s Communication for Solidarity)
Timespan: September 2017 - February 2019
The project at a glance:
The project targets young women with “fewer opportunities”, who face multiple forms of discrimination (strong patriarchal values and gender inequality). Therefore, they need to improve their communication skills (for example via the assertive communication method), and to get more opportunities to meet and to exchange experiences with other women. This can be achieved through the realization of murals on the theme of women’s solidarity. The project aims to foster cooperation for innovation and exchange of good practices, and capacity building for Youth in neighbouring and enlargement countries.
- increase the capacity of the target group for achieving progress in equal opportunities
- build international solidarity between the target group and European urban communities through connecting and networking
- enhance capacities of youth workers to facilitate and support social communication of young workers to facilitate and support social communication of young women
- develop skills of assertive and art communication of young women to express their opinions and create an active impact in their communities
- increase interest and knowledge among the target group on the european policies on gender equality and inclusion
- establish celebration of the International day of rural women in communities involved in the project
Activity 1: Mobility of youth workers – Grocka, Serbia – 06/10-13/10/17
The youth workers will learn and discuss about assertive communication, EU solidarity and gender policies. After training, they will work on the production of a video guide for assertive communication for young women.
Activity 2: Youth exchange – Jelsa-Hvar, Croatia – 18/05-27/05/18
The participants of the youth exchange will discuss and decide on the message and visual concept of 6 murals that will be painted in local public institutions in each partner city. General topics of the murals will be women solidarity.
Activity 3: Information and awareness campaigns – Grocka, Serbia / Krusevac, Serbia / Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina / Strasbourg, France / Padova, Italy / Jelsa-Hvar, Croatia – 01/10-01/11/2018
Participants will be guided by professional visual artists and youth workers in the realisation of murals discussed during the youth exchange in local public institutions. The murals will be finished and inaugurated on 15th October 2018 as part of the celebration of the UN international day of rural women.
Activity 4: Conference – Mostar, Bosnia-Herzegovina – 01/02-03/02/2019
An international conference, “Women’s communication for Solidarity”, will be held in February 2019 and will consist of 5 interactive discussion panels and an evaluation session. Participants will come from NGOs, public institutions, universities and schools, think-thanks.
Centar za kulturu Grocka - Belgrade, Serbia
- The association of woman Sangdlass – Krusevac, Serbia
- Trim Vrobska-Udruga Za Promicanje Odrzivog Razvoja Na Otoku – Hvar, Croatia
- GEA – Societa cooperativa Sociale – Padova, Italy
- ALDA (Association des Agences de la Démocratie Locale) – Strasbourg, France
- Udruzenje Agencija Lokalne Demokratije Iz Mostara – Bosnia Herzegovina
> [11/06/2018] ALDA on the Gender Equality side at EDDs 2018
> [25/05/2018] The World of ALDA – Deep into local democracy
> [15/05/2018] Graffiti in Strasbourg - Young women discuss assertive communication through street art
No data available.
No data available.