Mind Inclusion 2.0
1.11.2018 – 31.10.2020
There is compelling evidence that people with intellectual disabilities and mental health problems are at risk of social exclusion.
Community-based supports and services that are person-centred and recovery-oriented hold considerable promise, but they are not widely available nor have they been widely evaluated. MIND INCLUSION 2.0 wants to foster the competencies of educators of disabled people across Europe to promote the participative co-creation and use of an innovative online tool (a web platform) supported by the definition of a solid facilitation methodology which will contribute to the sustainable and inclusive involvement of disabled people in the society.
The project leverages from the previous Italian experience of dovevado.eu expanding it on different perspectives
- Enhancing cooperation and sharing experience among organizations working with intellectually disabled people (IDP) in Europe;
- Improving digital competences of IDP and their educators thus fostering an independent and inclusive life style;
- Developing and sharing successful methodologies and practices (co-design approach with IDP) to define and build inclusive communities across Europe;
- Improving society awareness about the needs of IDP and the occasions to carry out inclusive activities for IDP.
The project will involve 16 educators and about 50 IDP across 4 countries (Italy, Spain, Lithuania and France), touching approximately 300 stakeholders. The main activities will include:
- Co-design and develop a European web platform based on a user-generated content and ICT-based methodologies specifically targeted to intellectually disabled people;
- Develop guidelines on the use of the platform as a tool to connect IDP people with their community and on the facilitation methodology used to co-create the platform with IDP. The guidelines will be tested with final users and shared with professionals through a pilot test and 2 intensive trainings;
- Disseminate the platform and guidelines through a series of multiplier events held in Italy, Lithuania, Spain and Belgium.
Lead Applicant: Margherita Società Cooperativa Onlus
- Universitat de Valencia, Polibienestar (research institute, Spain):
- Fundacion INTRAS (social enterprise and research institute, Spain):
- Lietuvos sutrikusio intelekto zmoniu globos bendrija "Viltis" (association, Lithuania): www.viltis.lt
- Socialit Software e Consulting Srl (enterprise, Italy):
- ALDA, Association des Agences de la Democratie Locale (association, France) :
No data available.