January 1st, 2019 – December 31st, 2020
The project at a glance
#EuSAVE is a project which aims at creating a network of European smart historic villages that enhances the citizens’ involvement and participation in the socio-economic life of their villages. For this, social commitment actions will be promoted as well as the definition of local development strategies based on the opportunities offered by the material and immaterial cultural heritage of the historic territories involved in this initiative, as assets for the EU smart, sustainable and inclusive rural growth.
Forty small rural municipalities with nearly 10, 000 inhabitants will participate in the project #EuSAVE. These entities belong to eight different countries (Spain, Italy, Croatia, Belgium, Portugal, Bulgaria, Republic of North Macedonia, Latvia), located across the four geographic areas of Europe (East, West, North and South).
- Creation of transnational thematic working groups in the framework of the European historic network of villages.
- Identification of local development strategies based on the assets, historical values and cultural heritage of rural areas.
- Mapping and analysis of best practices and successful initiatives stemming from synergies between social innovation and cultural heritage.
- Development of joint development strategies and action lines for smart historic villages.
- Elaboration of a transferability and sustainability plan to ensure the continuity of the network beyond the duration of the project. This plan will include guidelines on how to identify, transfer and formalize new collaboration agreements with other European rural municipalities, and will articulate a common framework for the cooperation of the project partner entities in the future.
- The city council of Vimianzo (ES) will carry out two international events: “Debating the future of the European rural territories and the social value of the cultural heritage of the EU historic villages” (IE1) and “International Forum for the social sustainability of the European rural areas” (IE7).
- The Unions of the Municipalities of Grecia Salentina (IT) will host the international event “Social innovation as a reference model for the cultural heritage” (IE2).
- Lissewege (BE) will organize the event: “The new European ruralities: Innovative local development strategies and historic villages” (IE3).
- Zagorje – Sutla will host another event to be defined (IE4).
- Alto Alentejo will set up the event “Designing new and innovative joint development strategies for EU smart and sustainable historic villages” (IE5).
- Bolyarovo will host an event to be defined (IE6).
- Cesinovo-Oblesevo will develop local actions of project dissemination.
- Dagdas will carry out local actions of project dissemination.
Concello de Vimianzo (Spain).
- Unioni dei Comuni della Grecia Salentina (Italy).
- Lokalna akcijska grupa Zajorje – Sutla (Croatia).
- European Academy of the Region (Belgium).
- Comunidade Intermunicipal do Alto Alentejo (Portugal).
- Bolyarovo Municipality (Bulgaria).
- Municipality Cheshinovo – Obleshevo (Republic of North Macedonia).
Dagda local municipality (Latvia).
No data available.
No data available.