PATHS (Youth for Solidarity Economy and Entrepreneurship in Europe)
February 2015 - March 2016
PATHS is a strategic partnership between European organizations which are active in the field of education, training and youth, designed to promote cooperation and innovation in young social entrepreneurship. This project arises from the analysis of the context in which organizations develop their activities and their previous experience in this field. The outcomes of this analysis are:
- Considering the difficulties young people may find in terms of their access to the labour market, youth entrepreneurship is an alternative to unemployment.
- Despite the fact that a specific qualification or a particular academic level is not required to become an entrepreneur, many young companies go under within the first two years of existence. That means that it could be necessary to improve the qualifications of young entrepreneurs in order to reduce the bankruptcy rate of young companies.
- Entrepreneurship projects based on solidarity economy have significantly lower bankruptcy rate than projects with competitive basis.
- Organizations working in the field of non-formal education and academic institutions (formal education) have interest in promoting entrepreneurship among young people but they lack methodological and training tools.
- Considering the current social context and future prospects of the youth in Europe, young entrepreneurship could be the only chance for a new generation.
- To promote cooperation and networking among participating organizations and develop activities maintained over time (integrated promotion of youth entrepreneurship) based on ongoing collaboration between European organizations (strategic alliance).
- To strengthen capacity of organizations working on the promotion of youth entrepreneurship through resources, materials and tools that will improve the quality of its activities and results.
- To promote the development of specific skills by workers of the organizations involved (trainers, youth workers) and to provide professional training for them as for facilitators of youth entrepreneurship projects in the field of solidarity economy.
- To contribute to the promotion of entrepreneurship among young people as an alternative to unemployment and, simultaneously, as a way of emancipation and contribution to society.
- To contribute to strengthening youth entrepreneurship projects and its transformation into solidarity economy enterprises with consequent multiplier effect in terms of employment and contribution to the common welfare.
- Contribute to the normalization of entrepreneurship training approaches combining formal and non-formal education in order to meet specific needs of the business world.
- Mapping of solidarity entrepreneurship
- ONLINE publication
- ONLINE dissemination
- Curriculum for training facilitators production
- Collection of materials for facilitators
- International meetings:
Evaluation and follow up (England)
Evaluation and follow up (France)
Closing and final evaluation (Greece)
NB: Multiplier events and training activities are excluded
- B-LIVE INTERNATIONAL NETWORK (Spain)
- ALDA – European Association for Local Democracy (France)
- Red Internacional B-Live (Spain)
- Coimbra University (Portugal)
- Citizens in Action (Greece)
- Youth Discovery Ventures Ltd (England)
For more information, please contact:
Active Citizenship Project Coordinator
Tel: +32 497 37 10 11
No data available.
No data available.