Creative inclusive communities: a presentation in Santorso
On January 31st, 2020, a presentation on the experience of creative inclusive communities as part of the RECOV local workshop took place in Santorso.
This activity was composed by 5 different and complementary moments:
- an introduction with a presentation of the RECOV project, its objectives and activities to the local and international participants;
- The illustration of the EPIC project, a European platform for inclusive cities through the development of specific competences on the housing and work sectors, on integration policies and on negative narratives;
- A panel titled “how to create inclusive communities through reception, digitalization and narrative";
- Open discussion with professionals working in the field;
- A world café where participants discussed how to improve reception and inclusion of immigrants.
The high-level discussion that the activity brought to Santorso allowed the citizens to critically interrogate and include constructive perspectives on immigration and integration into the local social and political debate.