LIME: Labour Integration for Migrants Employment
Timespan: 01.12.2018 – 01.12.2020
Centro Informazione e Educazione allo Sviluppo - CIES, Italy - Lead Partner;
ALDA-European association for Local Democracy, France – Partner;
CONFCOOPERATIVE – Unione Provinciale di Roma Capitale, Italy - Partner;
Federacion de Plataformas Sociales Pinardi, Spain - Partner;
Asociacion guaranì de cooperation Paraguay Espana, Spain - Partner;
Libera Universita Maria Ss. Assunta di Roma, Italy - Partner;
Federazione Centro Nazionale operesalesiane Formazione aggiornamento professionale, Italy - Partner.
LIME at a glance
The project aims at promoting the swift integration of young Third Country Nationals -TCNs, (aged 18-29) in the labour market, by fostering the application of the “Cluster” methodology at local level all over Europe. Special attention is paid to the fight against obstacles to the TCNs access to qualifying vocational training and qualifies jobs, including language barriers.
“Migrants Economic Integration Cluster-MEIC” is an innovative, integrated and highly participatory approach, based on the definition of a multi-stakeholder public-private partnership engaged in a common long-term strategy enabling context-sensitive solutions.
The project aims at:
- Improving the effectiveness of local initiatives for labour market integration of TCNs through the development and testing of the MEIC methodology in Italy and in Spain;
- Mobilising key actors to apply the MEIC model all over Europe;
General actions of the project:
The core of the project are the two pilot actions, to be implemented in two relevant local contexts in Italy and Spain, under which the methodology is developed and tested. They foresee activities aimed at consolidating a strategic and operational collaboration among socio-economic key actors (associations of employers, vocational training providers, employment services, local authorities, companies, CoCs) within a “Migrants Economic Integration Cluster - MEIC" with the main purpose of increasing the effectiveness of existing labour market integration policies and tools by adapting them to TCNs needs. 100 young migrants directly benefit in terms of increased employability and economic inclusion through accelerated and tailored trainings, labour market integration plans for apprenticeships and self-employment, coaching and post-placement support. While local stakeholders benefit in terms of innovative management schemes and tools for facilitating the labour market integration of TCNs.
Focus on the Pilot Actions:
WP3 Italian Pilot Action
- Create a Vocational and Entrepreneurial MEIC in the context of the Lazio region;
- Increase employability and economic inclusion of 100 young TCNs (aged 18-29), in particular refugees, asylum seekers, beneficiaries of subsidiary protection and ex UAMs in Italy and Spain, enhancing and strengthening their professional and interpersonal skills and creating new ones;
- Test innovative solutions to boost 60 young TCNs’ access to existing labour market inclusion initiatives and instruments in Italy and Spain, with special reference to those dedicated to NEET in the framework of the dual education system;
- Promote self-entrepreneurship paths within 40 young TCNs;
WP4 Spanish Pilot Action
- Create a Vocational MEIC in the context of the Madrid region;
- Increase employability and economic inclusion of 50 young TCNs (aged 18-29), in particular refugees, asylum seekers, beneficiaries of subsidiarity protection and ex UAMs in Spain, enhancing and strengthening their professional and interpersonal skills and creating new ones;
- Test innovative solutions to boost young migrants’ access to existing labour market inclusion initiatives and instruments in Spain, with special reference to those dedicated to people in NEET situation, in the framework of a work-based learning approach;
- Foster the participation of employers in the EU initiative “Employers together for integration”.
Communication and Dissemination
A communication & dissemination plan will support the aims and objectives of the project, promote the activities and disseminate its results. The key strategic aims will be to:
No data available.
No data available.