Mr. Alessandro PERELLIFriuli Venezia Giulia Region (IT), European integration, international relations and financial management Service (Vice President, bureau member)
- How and why you got in contact with ALDA’s work?
About 16 years ago I met Gianfranco Martini (ALDA President at the time) during an AICCRE meeting. He introduced to me the work of ALDA and invited the Friuli-Venezia Giulia region to become a member of the Association.
- What motivated you to be a candidate for the Governing Board?
The candidature for ALDA Governing Board was the logical result of the work and commitment developed for my region within the network of ALDA.
- Why fighting for local democracy and citizen participation - how does that contribute to a better world?
The democratic system along with participation are the cornerstones on which the institutional organization of a civilized and modern society should be based, in order to respond to the best interests of the population.
- What is the biggest achievement of ALDA so far?
Promoting the values underlying the European Union.
- And what is your dream for ALDA - how will it look like at the end of your mandate?
My dream is to further broaden ALDA’s geographical scope and expansion in the Neighbourhood countries.
- What will your motto be, during the next four years in ALDA’s Governing Board?
To boost and strengthen the role of the LDAs (Local Democracy Agencies). To work to achieve the presence of the LDA’s in the Mediterranean Africa. To reinforce the political role of ALDA.