Mr. Mohammed SALHIEspace Marocain de l’Economie Sociale, Solidaire et Environnementale (EMESSE)
- How and why you got in contact with ALDA's work?
I got to know ALDA thanks to our participation in the project LADDER.
- What motivated you to be a candidate for the Governing Board?
I share with ALDA the same values and principles, and I also share its multi-stakeholder approach that focuses on strong partnerships between local authorities and non-governmental organizations.
- Why fighting for local democracy and citizen participation – how does that contribute to a better world?
For me local democracy is a political system that is organized locally and which grants citizens a specific political power they can exercise at the local level, that is to say, take their destiny in their hands and decide for themselves.
- What is the biggest achievement of ALDA so far?
The biggest achievement of ALDA is putting together people of all colors, backgrounds and religions, to work together for a better world for all of them.
- And what is your dream for ALDA – how will it look like at the end of your mandate?
An influence beyond Europe and recognition at a global level.
- What will your motto be, during the next four years in ALDA's Governing Board?
To consult with my colleagues (Governing Board Members and members) and to work and worthily represent ALDA.