Mr. Francesco ZARZANACultural Association Progettarte, Italy
- How and why you got in contact with ALDA's work?
Twelve years ago I was collaborating with the Department of Culture in the Municipality of Modena (among other things, I was taking care of issues for peace and of the relation with the UNESCO cities) and I received a document with the presentation of ALDA… I understood its value, but given the lack of interest from the Municipality, I proposed this project to my cultural association, Progettarte, which applied for the membership in 2005.
- What motivated you to be a candidate for the Governing Board?
After so many years of work with ALDA I felt the need to give back more to ALDA, making myself available for all the members and engaging even more in the growth of the Association.
- Why fighting for local democracy and citizen participation – how does that contribute to a better world?
Both the democratic system and the citizen participation are fundamental, but in addition, the cultural dimension is also needed to build a better future, as it is increasingly becoming a key element fostering dialogue among people.
- What is the biggest achievement of ALDA so far?
According to me, the biggest achievement of ALDA is involving in its projects and activities neighbouring countries that are not part of the European Union, paving the way to further relations.
- And what is your dream for ALDA – how will it look like at the end of your mandate?
Increasing dialogue with the EU Neighbourhood and the Mediterranean Area, consolidating the already existent relations.
- What will your motto be, during the next four years in ALDA's Governing Board?
Culture, Peace, Dialogue.