The Local Democracy Agency Albania has been established in 2008 in Shkodra, in the north of the country. The experience in Shkodra ended in 2014.
After two years of inactivity, the LDA was re-opened in Vlora, in the south of the country, in October 2015.
The LDA focuses its action, mainly but not exclusively, on the following thematic priorities:
- To facilitate the participation of civil society in decision-making at the local level.
- To promote interest, sensitivity and the ability of citizens to participate in decision making at the local level.
- To promote sensitivity and ability of local authorities to meet the needs of citizens
- To promote interest and information exchange between Albania and other countries in Europe with the aim of promoting best practices through close cooperation and continuous.
Among others, it will take the following activities for the realization of its objectives as:
- Human rights and democracy at local and regional level
- Citizen Participation
- The development of civil society and a pluralist democracy
- Strengthen the capacity of local and regional authorities
- Education and culture
- inter-regional and European collaboration
- Economic and sustainable development
- Agriculture and rural development
- Environment, in close relation with the field of public health and planning, management and protection of natural resources of the territory.
-Metropolitan City of Bari, Italy (lead partner)
- UNISCO, Italy
- Learning Cities, Italy
- Region of Vlora, Albania (host partner)
- Municipality of Vlora, Albania (host partner)
- Municipality of Patos, Albania
- Municipality of Fier, Albania
- Centre for Research Cooperation and Development, Albania
Activities implemented recently:
- Project GOAL funded by EU Europe for Citizens programme
- Project STAND UP funded by EU Europe for Citizens programme
- Building Europe through Youth Empowerment and Partnership funded by the Youth in Action Programme
- Project RAMSAR funded by the Swiss Cooperation Fund
- IRCE - Integration of Roma Community through Education, Edition II, funded by the Swiss Cooperation Fund
- EYH - Employment of Youth in the field of Handicrafts, Edition II, funded by the Swiss Cooperation Fund
- Volunteering in Human rights education - ECHAEA funded by Youth in action programme
> [17/06/2020] A grant by the Western Balkans Fund for the BNLD CulTours project!
> [11/06/2020] Why should I care? A question by the Regional Youth Compact for Europe project
> [28/05/2020] It's a wrap! The CLINK project comes to an end
> [08/05/2020] EU-Western Balkans relations: the Zagreb 2020 summit
Subscribe to ALDA monthly newsletter, available in five languages - English, French, Italian, Serbian, and Russian
Office in Brussels
Rue Belliard 20
Public transportation: Metro, stop "Arts-Loi", lines 1, 2, 5, 6
Phone: +32 (0)2 430 24 08
Office in Vicenza
Viale Milano 36
36100 Vicenza - Italy
Phone: +39 04 44 54 01 46
Fax: +39 04 44 23 10 43
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office in Skopje
Bld. Partizanski odredi 43B/1-5
1000 Skopje, Macedonia
Phone: +389 (0) 2 6091 060
Office in Tunis
Appartement CREATIVA, 3ème étage, 15, Résidence Gold du Nord,
Les berges du lac, 1053, Tunis, Tunisie
Phone: +216 27 28 34 56
Office in ChisinauStr. Mihail Kogălniceanu 18, Chișinău, Moldova, MD-2001