Forum on municipal cooperation from the European Union
The Majorcan Fund for Solidarity and Cooperation is organizing a forum about decentralized cooperation, more specifically, about municipalism from a European perspective.
With an experience of over ten years of supporting local development processes and institutional strengthening, involving municipalities of Mallorca and developing countries, the Majorcan Fund is convinced that municipal cooperation is a fundamental tool in the fight against poverty and for attaining sustainable development at the global level.
The Majorcan Fund wants to expand the range of agents with whom it works, incorporating European local authorities and organizations of the European civil society that can bring innovative elements to its labour.
• Learn the point of view of the European Union on decentralized cooperation
• Present the work of European networks in the municipal field
• Present the strategic lines 2014-2020 of the European Union's development cooperation
• Encourage the establishment of synergies between institutions of the Balearic Islands and other countries of the European Union
• Exchange positive experiences of European partnerships between local authorities and civil society
The Majorcan Fund for Solidarity and Cooperation particularly focuses on the importance of networks for the realization of a functional decentralized cooperation, on the future of the development cooperation in the European Union, and on the crucial role of experiences gathered through the collaboration for local development.
ALDA – the European Association for Local Democracy, as well as many other important organizations, shares Majorcan Fund’s mission and supports its work.
on the Majorcan Fund for Solidarity and Cooperation on its official website