CSOs Making Local Democracy Work
Reinforcing the role of civil society in dialogue and co-operation for democratic governance
01/02/2017 – 31/01/2020
The project “CSOs for Making Local Democracy Work” is designed as a set of measures to empower civil society to be credible, accountable and independent stakeholder in the EU accession processes. The three-year project is expected to develop actions to encourage networking and exchange of best practices between civil society organizations and local authorities. It is designed to strength the impact of the civil society organizations in public policies on local level in Macedonia. The activities contribute to the establishment of cooperation between the Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and Local Authorities (LAs) as well as to the creation of enabling financial environment for small and grass-root organisations.
This project is financially supported by the European Union through the IPA Civil Society Facility and Media Programme 2015 – Support to Civil Society Organizations under the Civil Society Facility Action 2015.
The overall goal of the initiative is to strengthen the role of local civil society organizations to effectively contribute to public policy making on local level.
- To create conditions for civil society organizations more enabling legal and financial environment on local level;
- To establish and develop sustainable mechanism for partnership building and cooperation between the civil society and the local public authorities;
- To develop local capacities of civil society organizations in order to become relevant stakeholder in civil dialogue and public policy making on local level;
- To encourage best practice exchange, networking and partnership at national, regional and European level.
The project activities are organized in 5 work packages (WPs):
- WP1: Project management, coordination and visibility;
- WP2: Policy making and advocacy (research, forums and advocacy activities)
- WP3: Capacity building (trainings and mentoring)
- WP4: Sub-granting (grants for more than 10 CSOs)
- WP5: Networking and awareness raising (conferences, forums and publications) <
The project target groups are:
- Local civil society and grassroots organizations
- Centres for Regional Development
Association of the Local Democracy Agencies (ALDA) – Skopje
Association of Finance Officers of the Local Governments – AFO
European Movement from Macedonia –EM
For more information visit the official website of the project: http://lokalnademokratija.mk/
> [25/01/2020] Local democracy: the practice of a developed society
> [21/01/2020] Closing Conference "Local Democracy - Ideal or Practice"
> [20/01/2020] Initiative for the creation of a Network for Local Democracy
> [27/11/2019] Research: how and in what ways does your municipality support CSOs?
> Conclusions Forum for exchanging best practices - Skopje - June 2019
> Pokana Forum Lokalna Demokratija ALDA 11-12 Juni - Skopje
> Agenda Forum Lokalna Demokratija ALDA 11-12 Juni - Skopje
> Flyer Forum Local Democracy ALDA 11-12 June - Skopje
> Cooperation between public authorities and civil society at local level in Republic of Macedonia
No data available.