Capitalise on Migrant Capacities in Algeria
The project Capitalising Migrant Capacities – Algeria, intends to maximize the development impact of migration by addressing the problem of brain waste and de-skilling of prospective migrants and returnees in order to transform it in brain gain and to strengthen the links and the dialogue among Algerian migrants in Italy and France and migrant associations and local authorities in Algeria in the field of migration issues.
The project will achieve these goals by:
- providing coherent pre-departure orientation,
- by encouraging highly skilled Algerian emigrants in France and Italy to contribute to the socio-economic development of Algeria and
- by facilitating the professional reintegration of returnees and prospective migrants.
Acitivities of the project
- an international conference at the end of the project as an opportunity to strengthen dialogue and enhance cooperation in the field of migration.
- two days in two Algerian cities, we will organize two career days, each of them in form of a career fair (first day) and pre-departure orientation seminars (second day), which employs the above mentioned strategy. These activities will increase the capacities of prospective migrants to make well informed decision about migrating.
- Complementary to this, there will be a seminar in Lecce addressed to local authorities and civil society organizations from Algeria, France and Italy with the objective to find ways (by multi-stakeholder approaches) to efficiently inform Algerian emigrants already living in France and Italy about job opportunities, the recognition of diploma and skills, migration laws, scholarship opportunities and further aspects which are important to avoid de-skilling. The seminar will also confront local authorities with the problems Algerian emigrants face and will encourage contacts among prospective migrants and returnees and Algerian emigrants.
- Three training sessions in Algeria about project management and business start-ups (offering a certificate) will facilitate the integration of prospective migrants and returnees as well as strengthen the links with highly skilled Algerian emigrants which will be involved as experts.
- The training sessions will be followed up by a re-granting scheme, which will award the 4 best business projects from the training sessions and
other proposals. The new small businesses will contribute directly and in a sustainable way to the local economic development in Algeria and the adequate utilization of capacities of prospective migrants and emigrants.
The overall objective is to strengthen local economic development in Algeria by avoiding brain waste and de-skilling of prospective migrants, returnees and Algerian emigrants. The project aims in particular at balancing the negative impact of brain drain by identifying the right human capital among migrants, by strenghtening the role of civil society and local authorities and fully capitalize on migrant capacities; developing strategies to channel the capacities of prospective migrants and returnees, by enhancing the potential development of returnees and of prospective migrants and their human capital.
M. Massimo Ciullo, Councellor Municipality of Brindisi
Mr Francesco Attaguile, General Division of Extra-Regional Affairs of Region Sicily, Brussels
Mr Mario de Donatis, President of Identità e Dialogo
Mrs Nacira Boumezoura, Deputy-Mayor of Douéra
Mr Nourredine Sbia, President of FACM
Mr Mouloud Meziani, FACM
Ms Aline Schwoob, Project Manager ALDA
M. Dobrica Milovanovic, Vice-President of ALDA
Mrs Antonella Valmorbida, ALDA Director
Mrs Antonella Valmorbida, ALDA Director
Le migrazioni verso l’Europa mediterranea: riflessioni per la cooperazione fra la Sponda Sud e la Sponda Nord (ppt Kb. 1.320)
Palermo Cronaca 27/10/2010
Regione Siciliana Ufficio Stampa 28/10/2010
Palermo Cronaca 29/10/2010
Call for experts
French (kb. 1.732)
Italian (Kb. 6.675)
Algerian Forum for citizenship and Modernity (F.A.C.M)
Municipality of Lecce
Region of Sicily
Community of Kouba
> alda* activity report 2019
> Le migrazioni verso l’Europa mediterranea: riflessioni per la cooperazione fra la Sponda Sud e la Sponda Nord
> ALGERIA: META' DEI GIOVANI SOGNA L'ITALIA
> ALGERIA: HALF OF THE YOUNG PEOPLE DREAMS OF EUROPE
> Conférence finale – Valoriser les Compétences des Migrants - Algérie
No data available.