TANDEM - Cooperation for citizen participation and community development in Belarus
Location of small projects supported by TANDEM
ALDA has been active in Belarus since 2004 and has implemented several projects together with its main partner in Belarus the Lev Sapieha Foundation. The TANDEM project is a follow up to the ACSOBE and REACT projects which focused on the strengthening of civil society organisations and local community groups and their cooperation with local authorities.
Citizen participation at the local level is still limited in Belarus and the TANDEM project seeks to increase the participation of citizens and their cooperation with local authorities. The project supports the development of local communities and civil society organisations and their cooperation with local authorities both through technical and financial support.
As part of TANDEM, community groups will participate in trainings and receive information on the role played by local authorities and the possibilities for citizens and civil society organisations to cooperate more actively with local authorities. Furthermore the project provides sub-grants to civic community initiatives. The grants are awarded to community groups that propose concrete activities to ensure sustainable development in cooperation with local authorities. Two of these initiatives are partnership projects and will involve cooperation with local authorities from other countries who will bring their knowledge and experience on cooperation with citizens into the project. More information about the initiatives that receive subgrants as part of the TANDEM project can be found below and on the interactive map above.
The TANDEM project raises the capacity of civic community groups to be more active actors in the field of development. At the same time the project also raises the awareness of local stakeholders' understanding of each other and the benefits of cooperating for sustainable community development.
Cooperation for citizen participation and community development in Belarus
Brochure TANDEM ENGLISH (Mb. 2,26)
Brochure TANDEM RUSSIAN (Mb. 2,29)
Partners and donors
The TANDEM project is supported by the European Union's Non-State Actors and Local Authorities in Development programme and is implemented from September 2011 to April 2013, by:
ALDA, Association of Local Democracy Agencies, France Lead Applicant
Lev Sapieha Foundation, Belarus http://sapieha.ucoz.org
Belarusian Organization for Working Women, Belarus
- Tandem SUBGRANTED PROJECTS n. 1 GOMEL The Future is in your hands
- Tandem SUBGRANTED PROJECTS n. 2 Golshany Arc uniting people and cultures
- Tandem SUBGRANTED PROJECTS n. 3 Vezhny Development of a mini sanctuary ”The Island” as a factor of sustainable development
- Tandem SUBGRANTED PROJECTS n. 4 Rechitsa Together to solve the problems faced by disabled children and orphans in Rechitsa
- Tandem SUBGRANTED PROJECTS n. 5 Smarhoń Developing social services and psychological care for cancer patients
- Tandem SUBGRANTED PROJECTS n. 6 Braslaw Using the local capacities as the main resource to create innovative
- Tandem SUBGRANTED PROJECTS n. 7 Minsk Cooperation of the local communities and the local governments in creating a bicycle infrastructure in the neighbourhood
- Tandem SUBGRANTED PROJECTS n. 8 Sporovsky A green route between the three lakes
- Tandem SUBGRANTED PROJECTS n. 9 Beloozersk Greenways for local development in the countryside
> [26/07/2017] The implementation of civic initiatives at the local level: the experience of Belarus
> [30/09/2014] Belarusian and Latvian experiences in comparison in the framework of TANDEM II
> [05/04/2014] Successful cooperation with the Sapieha Foundation in Belarus - Working at the local level is possible
> [30/10/2012] TANDEM SEMINARS IN GOLSHANY AND BRASLAV, (BELARUS) ON CITIZEN PARTICIPATION AND STRATEGIC PLANNING
> alda* activity report 2019
> Tandem SUBGRANTED PROJECTS n. 9 Beloozersk Greenways for local development in the countryside
> Tandem SUBGRANTED PROJECTS n. 8 Sporovsky A green route between the three lakes
> Tandem SUBGRANTED PROJECTS n. 7 Minsk Cooperation of the local communities and the local governments in creating a bicycle infrastructure in the neighbourhood
> Tandem SUBGRANTED PROJECTS n. 6 Braslaw Using the local capacities as the main resource to create innovative
No data available.