GET UP – Gender Equality Training to overcome Unfair discrimination Practices in education and labour market
24 months (01.01.2017 - 01.01.2019)
Education and career paths are often guided by gender-based stereotypes from the first stages. It demonstrates an important cultural gap not only within the society as a whole but also in the professional figures which play important role for the individuals in transition periods and especially for those young who might be easily influenced. These, for their professional role, need to increase their skills and competences on gender equality and to become able to raise awareness on gender stereotypes at the workplace.
The main priority of the project is to address the stereotyping of educational and career choices and to promote gender equality in education, training, career guidance and at the workplace. GET UP intends to launch a capacity building process for the professionals who intervene in transition phases along the education-training-labour market chain by developing and delivering a training on gender equality (WS2) based on a common European Minimum Standard of Competences to be defined (WS1).
To respond to this avobe priority the specific objectives of the project are to:
- define an European Minimum Standard of Competences on Gender Equality (EMSC) for those responsible of Human Resources at the workplace (directors, employers, trade unions), Career Guidance professionals and Teachers supporting training and employment choices in order to guide, promote, recruit and retain individuals by overcoming gender stereotypes and taking into consideration their skills, competences and interests;
- strengthen the skills and competences of the above mentioned professionals of both private and public organisationas and companies on European and national legislation, practices and behaviours aimed at overcoming gender stereotypes;
- raise awareness on gender equality among partner organizations and their members, as well as the whole public, thus promoting also at European level the benefits delivering from the equal participation in society of men and women.
GET UP foresees 9 steps, having impact both at the local and at the European level:
- Comparison and analysis of existing training offers on gender balance issues for the different professional profiles involved in the project, considering also that EIGE is going to provide one through its online platform;
- Focus Groups for Assessment of knowledge, skills and behaviours that the partners organizations and their members and networks have over the issues of gender equality and the acceptance of the “other” as a basic factor of the organizations working in a non-discriminatory manner;
- Definition of the knowledge and competences needs;
- Definition of the EMSC that the professionals involved should achieve on the issues of gender equality, non-discrimination and promotion of equality in education and at the workplace.
- Design and definition of a standard for the Training aimed at the achievement of the EMSC, both in person and online;
- Implementation of the Training Offer on an experimental basis within the partners organizations and their members;
- Uploading and dissemination of the project results
- Raising awareness Campaign;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the achieved results and impacts.
The above steps are clustered in 4 Workstreams.
Workstream 0 - Management and Coordination of the Project
For an efficient coordination , will be organized 6 Partner's Meetings.
- Quality assurance measures;
- Risk Management Strategy;
- Overall monitoring and evaluation;
- Dissemination activities;
- Communication and internal communication;
- Budget distribution e management;
- Evaluation of the achieved results.
- Programming of the following activities.
- Partners Meetings
- Final Conference
- Project Handbook
- Online Platform
- Dissemination Plan
- Risk Management Strategy
Workstream 1: European Minimum Standard of Competences on Gender Equality
- individuate the needs in terms of knowledge and competences of the target groups;
- create a competency framework team of European gender equality experts;
- analyse the available training offer and the expected learning outcomes at European level, in terms of gender competences;
- define the competences needed to practice professionally the role of HR managers, guidance experts, active employment policies experts, teachers in charge of guidance support, etc..
- individuate the most efficient methodologies for the dissemination of EMSC.
- Existing training offers summary report
- Multi-lingual Consultation Survey
- Multi-lingual Consultation Survey Report
- 7 Focus Groups
- European Minimum Standard of CompetenciesAnalytical seminar
- Experts’ Position Paper on the EU Minimum Standard of Competences
Workstream 2: Gender Equality Training (GET)
- to produce the Anti-discrimination Training Kit, a training offer (curriculum + learning materials) specifically tailored on the needs of the professionals who intervene in the transition phases throughout the education-training- labour market chain;
- to train the target groups – namely teachers, career guidance operators, HR managers and trade union representatives – according to the EU Minimum Standard of Competences on gender equality to contribute to improve their performances and a renewed and non-discriminatory economic development model.
- ensure compliance with EU/National anti-discrimination laws in the field of gender equality;
- facilitate the development or update of workplace policies accordingly among the target groups;
- provide the target groups with European Minimum Standard of Competences on gender equality.
- Learning Objectives
- Expected Learning Outcomes
- 6 Training Modules on gender equality and related learning materials
- Transnational Training session
- Online Anti-Discrimination Training Kit
- 6 Blended training sessions
Workstream 3: Awareness Raising Campaign
- Creation of Video Spots;
- Organization of a photo contest and posters campaign with the contest’s most narrative pictures;
- Development of a Serious game;
- 3 Video Spots
- 60 Thematic Pictures
- 4.200 Posters
- Serious Game
Lead partner: UIL - Unione Italiana del Lavoro, Italy
- AIDP - Associazione Italiana per la Direzione Personale, Italy
- LETU - Lithuanian Education Trade Union, Lithuania
- ALDA - European Association for Local Democracy, France
- DIESIS – European Research and Development Service for the Social Economy,Belgium
- Associazione FORMA.Azione srl, Italy
- WORKERS' EDUCATION AND TRAINING COLLEGE, Bulgaria
- MUT - Malta Union of Teachers, Malta
> [13/12/2018] Towards a less gender-biased society at the heart of GET-UP project's final event in Rome
> [26/11/2018] Let's "GET-UP" for gender equality and follow the "Gender Equal Labour Market" webinar!
> [17/10/2018] Rendez-vous à Paris contre les stéréotypes de genre
> [11/06/2018] ALDA on the Gender Equality side at EDDs 2018
No data available.