“Euroscepticism at the gates of Europe”: the international event was held on 5th of March 2022 in Trieste, organized within the “EUScepticOBS: analyzing Euroscepticism, informing citizens and encouraging debates” project.
The first part of the event was dedicated to the experts who exposed the key issue of how migration issues are often linked to Euroscepticism; with insights from the Balkan region and the European Union; nonetheless, reflecting on the current situation of the Russian war in Ukraine.
Among participants at the roundtable:
- EUscepticObserve project partners;
- Antonella Valmorbida, Secretary General of “ALDA”, France;
- Natasa Vučković, Executive Director of “Center for Democracy Foundation”, and member of ALDA Governing Board, Serbia;
- Emir Coric, Representative of “Municipality of Centar” and member of ALDA Governing Board, North Macedonia;
- Zoran Jovanovic, Counselor Special Advisor to the CEI Secretary General, and
- Roberta Altin, Professor “cultural anthropology and migration”, University of Trieste, Italy
Key issue of how migration issues are often linked to Euroscepticism
The second part centered around a workshop where participants discussed and debated finalizing with a citizen’s manifesto tackling local activism, the engagement of civil society organizations and the role of local and European authorities.
Considering the present situation in Europe, the event was a great opportunity to get informed and to create active discussions.