On 13 October 2023, ALDA Governing Board came online to approve new members and discuss the partnership opportunities that could be fulfilled in the field of local democracy and citizens’ participation.
During the meeting, aspiring members took the floor one after the other and presented their teams, organisations’ activities and strategy.
The list of new members included:
- Poltava Regional Council, an administrative body in Ukraine which aim is to uphold democratic process, promoting regional cooperation and citizens well-being an administrative body in Ukraine which aim is to uphold democratic process, promoting regional cooperation and citizens well-being;
- GSI Italy, an NGO in International Cooperation and territorial solidarity;
- Trento Municipality, which was a member of ALDA between 2004 and 2012, remained connected to our network thanks to the presence of Mr. Maurizio Camin, affiliated to ALDA’s Governing Board and representative of “Trentino per i Balkani” Association;
- All-Ukrainian Association of Communities (AUAC), which cooperate with the central government on sustainable rural development;
- ELARD, an NGO aimed to enhance life in rural areas;
- LabTs, an Association that promotes active citizenship, especially in the South of Italy.
As a conclusion of this Governing Board session, all member applications have been approved.
ALDA is extremely glad to improve its network and cooperation structure and we are looking forward to working side by side with all of our new members!
ALDA is extremely glad to improve its network and cooperation structure and cannot wait to begin to work side by side with all of its new members in order to keep enhancing local democracy around Europe and its Neighbourhood!