In October 2021, ALDA Secretary General – Antonella Valmorbida – will join the second Marmara Urban Forum (MARUF). Organised by the ALDA Member Marmara Municipalities Union, the event gathers experts and professionals from all over the world to discuss the necessity of rethinking the urban space and policies in the aftermath of COVID-19.
In lights of recents events, such as the health crisis and forced migration, reconsidering the urban spaces, reflecting on the cities in relation to their people and communities are crucial aspects that need to be discussed at international level. Therefore, based on the six axes, which are “healthy,” “inclusive,” innovative,” “resilient,” “sustainable,” and “creative” cities, Marmara Urban Forum will serve as a platform of mutual learning and exchange of knowledge on these important issues.
Entitled “Cities Developing Solutions: Re-Think, Co-Act”, and in line with the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, the forum is addressing daily issues from climate change and local development; to public health and infrastructure. Over 90 partners – be they international organisations, universities, NGOs – will join the second edition of MARUF. Just to mention a few, together with ALDA, also UN-Habitat, the Turkish Ministry of Environment and Urbanization, Energy Cities, CDP, WRI, UNDP will be present at the event.
Ms. Valmorbida, as been invited as keynote speakers in two different sessions.
Beginning on October 1st (15.00 UCT+3), the first discussion she will join in entitled: “City Networks: Keep calm and meet globally“.
Sitting with her at the virtual table:
- Anna Lisa Boni, Secretary General, EUROCITIES
- Floriane Cappelletti, Communications&Overall Coordination, Energy Cities
- Júlia López Ventura, European Regional Director, C40
- Karen Vancluysen, Secretary General, POLIS
Moreover, with a special focus on “Local Administration Reform Project III” – (LAR III), Antonella Valmorbida will also participate at the session taking place on October 3rd at 14.30 (UCT+3), together with:
- Neslihan Yumukoğlu – Project Manager, Local Administration Reform Phase III Project, UNDP
- Metehan Gültaşlı – Senior Expert, LAR-3 Project, UNDP
- Erbay Arıkboğa – Prof., Faculty of Political Sciences, Marmara University
- Muhittin Acar – Prof., Political Science and Public Administration, Hacettepe University
- Hüseyin Gül – Prof., Political Science and Public Administration, Süleyman Demirel University
ALDA is very much glad to be part of this great initiative, while sharing its expertise and knowledge with other stakeholders.