The ALDA Talks episod-series go on providing a safe space of discussion to explore important topics of our times with a shared approach.
The ALDA Talk which took place in the afternoon of Wednesday 16th December faced the issue of Gender Equality and Empowerment, a very relevant topic for achieving sustainable development, based on the SDG5.
Despite some gains in the past years, many challenges remain to achieve real gender equality and the effects related to COVID-19 have exacerbated the situation.
This ALDA talk, organised in collaboration with the project BRIGHT, was introduced by our project manager Dolinda Cavallo, who moderated a panel of gender equality experts who contributed to the discussion by addressing the issue from various points of views, such as gender work-life balance, inequalities, discrimination and welfare power relations.
An ALDA Talk tackling Gender Equality all around
Members, partners and everyone who participated to the talk had the opportunity to assist and contribute to the following presentations:
- Rosanna Scaricabarozzi, Head of Unit Gender & Economic Justice at ActionAid Italia drew the lines around the Bright for Women project and the WE-GO project, a project having as its core mission the women economic empowerment, funded by the REC (Rights, Equality and Citizenship) programme of the European Union.
- Stanimira Adjimitova, from the Center for Sustainable Communities Development (CSCD – Bulgaria) pointed the attention on the reasons why gender equality actually matters nowadays.
- Giovanna Vingelli, from the University of Calabria (Center of Women Studies “Milly Villa” – Italy) presented the “Strategic Engagement for Gender Equality 2016 – 2019”.
- Fiori A. Zafeiropoulou from the SOFFA – Social Fashion Factory (Greece) discussed about “The new era of feminism. The role of female power in systemic change in the textile industry”.
- Diana Georgieva, who is also working for the Center for Sustainable Communities Development (CSCD – Bulgaria) run a seminar on “Good practice: Economic Empowerment – a way out of Intimate Partner Violence”.
You did not have the possibility to join the talk? Keep an eye on ALDA Youtube account: we will soon upload the podcast!