AT A GLANCE
POWERYOUTH is a project focused on empowering and involving young people in energy communities to actively contribute to the energy transition. The project recognises the significance of youth leadership in adopting new lifestyles and acquiring skills for supporting sustainable energy practices.
With 2022 being designated as the European Year of Youth, POWERYOUTH aims to address the lack of tools for systematically reinforcing youth participation in energy communities and providing training for energy sustainability.
- Effectively engage young people and other key stakeholders in collective actions;
- Develop a toolkit that facilitates the empowerment of youth in energy communities;
- Set up and support collective actions in youth energy communities;
- Create and execute a comprehensive and easily replicable capacity building programme to train young people in green energy skills and promote their participation in energy communities;
- Mobilise youth organisations and local authorities to replicate the POWERYOUTH approach across EU;
- Formulate policy recommendations and develop exploitation plans for accelerating youth energy communities’ adoption in new areas;