Everyone all over Europe and beyond is committed to help refugees from Ukraine. This is the case of the “Union of Rural Communes of the Republic of Poland” as well. Thus, the two countries share a border of more than 500 km, and in these days exactly this border has become a destination of many. Among them: the municipalities located in the Bieszczady and Lesko poviats [counties].
Yet, the towns and cities bordering directly with Ukraine are now struggling to provide care to people escaping the war. At the same time, these spots are the first places where refugees arrive, right after crossing the border, and this is where they expect to receive help.
“Union of Rural Communes of the Republic of Poland” has launched an initiative in order to provide help to the town and cities located especially on the border
Therefore, on behalf of these municipalities, the “Union of Rural Communes of the Republic of Poland” has launched an initiative in order to provide help, especially in terms of:
- food products (especially those with an extended shelf life);
- bottled water, drinks and fruit juices;
- sleeping bags, duvets, blankets, mats, pillows etc.;
- personal hygiene products; dressings;
- drugs and medicinal products (especially painkillers, protective ointments, disinfectants, anti-inflammatory and anti-emetic agents, etc.)
To enable the proper selection of aid and its transport, the Union provides the following address details of municipalities in need of support:
- Municipalities in Bieszczady poviat [county]:
- Czarna Municipality, Mayor – Bogusław Kochanowicz e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: (+48)13 461 90 09;
- Lutowiska Municipality, Head of the Municipality – Krzysztof Mróz e-mail: email@example.com, phone: county (+48)13 461 00 13;
- Ustrzyki Dolne Municipality, Mayor – Bartosz Romowicz e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: (+48)13 460 80 00;
- Municipalities in Lesko poviat [county]:
- Lesko Municipality, Mayor – Adam Snarski e-mail: email@example.com, phone: (+48)13 469 66 15;
- Baligród Municipality, Mayor of the Municipality – Robert Stępień e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: (+48)13 468 40 64;
- Cisna Municipality, Mayor of the Municipality – Renata Szczepańska e-mail: email@example.com, phone: (+48)13 468 63 38;
- Olszanica Municipality, Mayor of the Municipality – Krzysztof Zapała e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: (+48)13 461 70 45;
- Municipality of Solina, Mayor – Adam Piątkowski e-mail: email@example.com, phone: (+48)13 469 21 18.
ALDA supports the spread of its Members’ actions, such as “Union of Rural Communes of the Republic of Poland”, and initiatives to alleviate human suffering, in these terrible times of war.