While the Conference on the Future of Europe (CoFoE) is at its peak, the Civil Society Convention on the Future of Europe is working unceasingly to back the CoFoE to ensure a total and wide inclusion of civil society organisations in such a unique and crucial process.
Indeed, on Tuesday October 12th, a Plenary of the Civil Society Convention on the Future of Europe took place. After receiving the latest updates by the institutional representatives, the core of the conversation focused on the methods to give voice to Civil Society Organisations from all over Europe and listening to their aspirations and concerns.
Such an ambitious goal will be reached, among others, thanks to the spread of a set of surveys elaborated by each cluster in order to get thematic feedbacks from Civil Society Organisations.
Results are not to be awaited. After a work of research and consultation, the 5 thematic clusters have produced a questionnaire each, as a valuable instrument to boost the dialogue with major stakeholders, encouraging the latter to consider the perceptions and the vision of European citizens.
We invite all Civil Society Organisations’ representatives to join the survey by filling one or more questionnaires, according to your area of competence
Thus, each cluster has produced a coherent and representative sheet to be submitted to key policymakers to ensure that the voice of CSOs is heated and taken into consideration for the elaboration of policies and plans.
Find below the clusters and the link to each survey:
- Environment, steered by Green 10: the goal is to face the challenges brought by climate change. Questionnaire coming soon.
- Social Europe, chaired by SOLIDAR, aims at outlining the future priorities of the EU. Join the survey and fill in the questionnaire here
- Europe’s digital transformation, chaired by ECAS, focuses on setting standards on technology and data’s management, also considering not loosing sovereignty on the topic. Find the survey here
- Our European life, chaired by Volonteurope and CEV, focuses on rights, values, new and unexplored challenges such as space and migration. Find their questionnaire here
- The Union’s democratic foundations, and how to strengthen democratic processes governing the European Union – To make Europe a citizens’ project, chaired by ALDA and ECOLISE, focuses on boosting citizens engagement, involvement and participation to guarantee a high qualitative social development. Join the survey, choose your language and fill in the questionnaire in English, French or Italian
About the Civil Society Convention on the Future of Europe (#CSOCoFoE): the role of the Convention is that of working as a bridge between civil society organisations and the institutional setting of the Conference on the Future of Europe (CoFoE). The Convention has kicked off in February 2021 and is committed to examine the democratic functioning of the Conference and ensure a real involvement of citizens and their representative associations in this process.
It gathers over 75 European networks and platforms, thus reuniting millions of citizens from all across Europe. Its work is managed by a steering committee and 5 thematic clusters, reflecting the political priorities and pillars of the EU.
ALDA, following its vocation and mission, has an active role in the Convention, not only participating as a member, but also as part of the steering committee, represented by ALDA Secretary General, Antonella Valmorbida. Moreover, ALDA is also colliding the cluster on democracy, by making available its expertise on democratic processes, good governance and citizens participation.
Read more on the Civil Society Convention’s website