Are you a Civil Society Organisation working for and with youth? Are you interested in youth civic engagement and participation? We are looking for you! Participate in our call for proposals with your project idea!
What is the main objective of the call of proposal?
The WYDE Civic Engagement project foresees the implementation of 5 different projects called “Clusters”. Through the re-granting scheme, the cluster number 1 named “Generate Democracy: involving youth CSOs in democracy support” is dedicated to providing youth CSOs with the chance to put into practice the lessons learnt in the other clusters and undertake responsibilities over concrete actions promoting civic engagement and democracy.
The overall objective of the project is to fund and implement national and transnational projects in support of youth civic engagement and participation in the decision-making processes across the Sub-Saharan Countries.
What are the specific objectives of the call?
- Empower organisations working in the field of youth to play a relevant role in supporting the democratic participation of youth;
- Support peer to peer learning among youth organisations;
- Reinforce an international network of youth organisations and youth leaders;
- Improve the cooperation between the youth civil society and public policy makers, at local, national, and international level;
- Advocate for the establishment or improvement of representative youth structures (such as youth councils or youth parliaments).
The second phase of the WYDE Civic Engagement call will remain open until 15 April 2024
What actions can be implemented?
This call for proposals will finance actions that respect the five working principles of the Human Rights Based Approach methodology:
- Applying all human rights for all
- Meaningful and inclusive participation and access to decision-making
- Non-discrimination and equality; accountability and rule of law for all
- Access to information supported by disaggregated data.
Where can the project be implemented?
Selected entities should be implementing National/ transnational projects in support of youth civic engagement and participation in the decision-making processes across the Global South countries with a special focus on Sub-Saharan African Countries.
How to apply?
Read the full call for proposals of Women and Youth in Democracy initiativE (WYDE Civic Engagement) to have more information about the call and how to apply! The call has been launched on August 15, 2023, and the second phase of the call will remain open until April 15, 2024.