On Wednesday the 30th ALDA France participated to “Le débat Présidentielle 2022: un quinquennat pour quelle Europe?” (2022 Presidential: a five-year period for which Europe).
This debate was organized by the Mouvement Européen-France and 11 others French association (including ALDA) engage in European context. The aim was to put Europe at the heart of a debate between the “Europe” representatives of the presidential candidates.
Europe at the heart of the débat
One speaker for each political party represented in a group in the European Parliament was invited. Among them:
- Leïla CHAIBI, MEP and member of La France Insoumise,
- Sylvie GUILLAUME, MEP of the Socialist Party,
- Mélanie VOGEL, Senator for the French abroad, and Spokesperson for Yannick Jadot of the Europe Écologie les Verts party
- Valérie HAYER, MEP and member of La République en Marche, spokesperson for the presidential majority.
- Constance LE GRIP, MP for Hauts-de-Seine and member of the Les Républicains
Véronique Auger, journalist, moderated the discussion and Mr Derdevet, President of the Maison de l’Europe de Paris, introduced the debate.
The participants had the opportunity to express their vision of Europe on 3 main topics the implication of the war in Ukraine for Europe (strategy to stop the war, integration of Ukraine in the EU and European defense), migration and asylum (Dublin Pact, creation of a Commissioner for Asylum and Migration, Poland and Hungary and the Ukrainian refugees) and climate change (Green Pact, social economy).
ALDA would like to thank all the participants and organizers for this event and to put Europe at the heart of a debate.