❗ Extended deadline: 01 May 2023 ❗
Ideas for Europe: Local Academy Training in the peri-urban and rural areas
- Are you a local authority (public employee, collaborator, city manager, director, local administrator, policy maker etc.)?
- Are you coming from Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Slovenia, Poland, Malta, Hungary, Latvia or Lithuania?
- Do you want to gain new skills and knowledge in order to increase citizens participation in your territory?
Then, you should participate in this call!
ALDA – European Association for Local Democracy, in the framework of the Ideas 4 Europe project, would like to invite you to participate in the Local Academy Training organised in the framework of the I4E project, co-funded by the EU funding programme CERV, aiming to boost political participation with a focus on citizen and young people living in peri-urban and rural areas.
🎯Objective of The Local Academy Training: it will aim at increasing the capacity of local practitioners, officials and managers to construct an active and fruitful dialogue with citizens and communities towards participatory process in the definition of local policies and improve citizens engagement.
Local Authorities in Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Slovenia, Poland, Malta, Hungary, Latvia or Lithuania register to the Local Academy Training aiming to boost political participation in peri-urban and rural areas
📋 Programme: the training will offer an intensive and strategic learning environment through three thematic modules:
- Good democratic governance with a particular focus on the 12 principles of Good democratic governance outlined by the CoE;
- Participatory instruments (i.e. participative budget, committees of citizens etc.)
- Local context related to specific needs identified by the participants
The training will target especially participants coming from countries with the lowest participation rate in the European elections, namely, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Slovenia, Poland, Malta, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, with a particular focus on peri-urban and rural areas. Nevertheless, anyone interested in the training course coming from any other EU countries is very welcome to participate!
The training will take place in Vicenza (Italy) and will last two full days, on 20 & 21 June 2023.
- Accommodation and lunches will be covered by ALDA;
- Board costs will be covered for a maximum of 30€ per person (evidence of expenditure will be required) by ALDA;
- Travel costs will be partially covered for a maximum of 100€ per person (evidence of expenditure will be required) by ALDA.