(EU funding programmes 2021-2027)
The Programme for Environment and Climate Action (LIFE) aims to:
- facilitate the shift towards a sustainable, circular, energy-efficient, renewable energy-based, climate-neutral and resilient economy
- protect, restore and improve the quality of the environment, including the air, water and soil
- halt and reverse biodiversity loss
- tackle the degradation of ecosystems
The financial envelope of the LIFE Programme is implemented via four sub-programmes:
- Nature and Biodiversity
- Circular Economy and Quality of Life
- Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- Clean Energy Transition
The programme supports demonstration, best practice, coordination and support actions, capacity building, and governance projects.
This includes large scale Strategic Integrated Projects and Strategic Nature projects, which support the implementation of environmental and climate plans, as well as programmes and strategies developed at regional, multi-regional or national level.
(Source: https://ec.europa.eu )