The works of Imereti Regional Hub are run by Local Democracy Agency Georgia (LDA Georgia) within the framework of the European Union (EU) and Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) funded project “Civil Society STAR initiative: CSOs as Sustainable, Transparent, Accountable and Resilient Development Actors in Georgia” (2021-2025). The project aims to strengthen civil society as an independent, sustainable, transparent, and accountable development actor across Georgia; while the Hub is targeted to support the sharing of information, experience and opportunities.
Specifically, it spreads information about the project activities in the region, communicates with the local actors via consultation, networking, advocacy and monitoring, strengthens local CSOs, CBOs, civil activists and increases public awareness on their role and works.
The aim of the Imereti Regional Hub is to support the sharing of information, experience and opportunities
Beyond supporting main activities under the “Civil Society STAR Initiative “, the Hub implements following activities:
- LDA Georgia conducts trainings for CSOs / CBOs from Imereti region on the following topics: advocacy; fundraising; project writing; financial management of projects.
- In the framework of the project will be held study visits of CSO’s / CBO’s representatives of Imereti region to successful civil society organizations in the regions of Western Georgia.
- CSO’s and CBO’s representatives can get consultation on management issues of the organization in order to strengthen them, the information about the grant competitions announced in Imereti region.
- The SMS platfrom was created to proactively provide information to CSO and CBO representatives in the region about various activities.
- During the project formed several youth clubs to change the attitudes of young people / students towards civil society and community- based organizations; Each course of seminars continues for three months.
- The public consultations will be provided at the regional level to discuss important issues at the regional level with the involvement of relevant actors.
- The Meetings are held with the persons responsible for relations with the non-governmental organizations of the municipalities. The aim of the activity is to promote the role of civil society in public policy.
- Imereti regional hub offers hotline service any interested persons who will be able to receive information remotely on a legal issue of interest to them/not only;
- Newly established CSO and CBO organizations will be selected to support their development with whom the organization will work on refining its structure, developing internal management documents.
- Regional Civil Society Forums will be held to increase the accountability of civil society and improve public attitudes. Connect with potential sponsors and funding seekers.
- Imereti regional hub supports to strengthen youth club in Baghdati municipality. During the project will be created a model of mayor’s order, model of provision, will be held trainings and youth conferences, will be funded youth initiatives.
The project “Civil Society STAR initiative: CSOs as Sustainable, Transparent, Accountable and Resilient Development Actors in Georgia” (2021-2025). is implemented by the Consortium led by the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) and composed of the following CSOs: Center for Strategic Research and Development of Georgia (CSRDG), Civil Society Institute (CSI), Center for Training and Consultancy (CTC), Education Development and Employment Center (EDEC), and Institute for European Politics (IEP).