AT A GLANCE
FOREST replies to the fragmentation of competences in forestry management at national and international levels, by giving rise to debate around the possibility to create a standard level of competences and skills of forestry workers and promoting innovation and professionalism by joint actions and initiatives.
Debates will be channelled into three levels: technical concerning the contents of training programmes and skills required to forestry operators; legislative to harmonise authorisations to emit diploma and certificate; innovation and sustainability.
- Map out, discuss and exchange knowhow about forest management, VET and standard of security;
- Promote the exchange of good practices and techniques with other European countries;
- Improve the level of professionalism and competitiveness of forest workers at cross-border level;
- Raise knowledge and safety standards of workers as well as the quality of their interventions;
- Discuss the creation of a standard level of competences and skills of forestry workers, valid across national borders.