AT A GLANCE
Education and career paths are often guided by gender-based stereotypes from the first stages. It demonstrates an important cultural gap not only within the society as a whole but also in the prominent professional role models, which play an important role for individuals who are going through a transition phase, especially for young people who could easily be influenced.
The project’s priority is to address the stereotyping of educational and career choices and promoted gender equality in education, training, career guidance and at the workplace. GET UP launched a capacity building process for the professionals who intervene in transition phases along the education-training-labour market chain by developing and delivering training on gender equality!
To respond to the above-mentioned priority, the specific objectives of the project are to:
- define an European Minimum Standard of Competences on Gender Equality (EMSC) for those responsible of Human Resources at the workplace (directors, employers, trade unions), Career Guidance professionals and Teachers supporting training and employment choices in order to guide, promote, recruit and retain individuals by overcoming gender stereotypes and taking into consideration their skills, competences and interests;
- strengthen the skills and competences of the above mentioned professionals of both private and public organisations and companies on European and national legislation, practices and behaviours aimed at overcoming gender stereotypes;
- raise awareness on gender equality among partner organizations and their members, as well as the whole public, thus promoting also at European level the benefits delivering from the equal participation in society of men and women.
- GET UP foresees 9 steps, having impact both at the local and at the European level:
- Comparison and analysis of existing training offers on gender balance issues for the different professional profiles involved in the project, considering also that EIGE is going to provide one through its online platform;
- Focus Groups for Assessment of knowledge, skills and behaviours that the partners organizations and their members and networks have over the issues of gender equality and the acceptance of the “other” as a basic factor of the organizations working in a non-discriminatory manner;
- Definition of the knowledge and competences needs;
- Definition of the EMSC that the professionals involved should achieve on the issues of gender equality, non-discrimination and promotion of equality in education and at the workplace.
- Design and definition of a standard for the Training aimed at the achievement of the EMSC, both in person and online;
- Implementation of the Training Offer on an experimental basis within the partners organizations and their members;
- Uploading and dissemination of the project results
- Raising awareness Campaign;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the achieved results and impacts.
Get updates on the project on the dedicated channels:
social media, website and # icons ?